Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Woman Gone Mad By Kimber S. Dawn




Forget everything you know about fairytales. There comes a point in a woman's life when she realizes not everyone gets a happy ending.

And no one knows this better than Lillian Shaw.

the safety of a small southern upbring and a happy normal family couldn't keep life from chipping away at her.

And nothing leaves it mark like a bite of a broken heart.

Blow after blow, Lillian tries to stay optimistic, but when faced with a choice that could destroy her future, she gives in to the temptation.

When your first true love comes crashing into your happily ever after, you're suppose to walk away. Not fall back in love.

But saying no to Leo was something Lillian could never do...

Once lines are crossed is there any going back?

Or is the risk that Lillian Shaw takes going to leave her broken again...

And this time be enough to make her A Woman Gone Mad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay it's taken me a while to actually write a review just because this book left me emotionally drain and that's an understatement! It took at least 3 days to stop feeling like I could cry.

I kept reading people say how emotionally hard this book was and that still didn't prepare me for reading it. This story is full of  happy, joyful, sexy, emotions but most of all there's sorrow, heartache, despair, and anguish.

 I laughed and cried then cried and laughed again, if that makes any sense.

One minute it has me wanting to jump my hubby's bones and the next I'm crying my eyes out feeling all the anguish Lillian is going through. (see my emotions were all over the place) The only person she was so close to died and let me tell you, I never thought anyone could EVER share that feeling with me. I felt so connected to her just because I've been exactly in Lillian's shoes, losing someone you love so dearly in the world. 

~ " Every heartbreak a woman experiences throughout her life leaves a scar behind, and these scars never fully heal. The thousands of shattered pieces that remain of a woman's heart are nothing more than battered pieces of scarred tissue that still function as a vital organ to keep her alive." ~

Chills are the only thing that I feel every time I read that little piece because it's so true. 


~ " If I would of known now what I'll know in the future, I never would have fucking gotten out of that car. And I never ever would have gone into that house on that early Saturday morning. " ~


How many times have we all felt this at one point of our lives. 

The fact that it's based or  inspired by her real life events I give Kimber S. Dawn freaking kudos for coming out of it and making her a stronger woman!!! 

I may have not written the best review but it's hard to even try without breaking down and crying.
 Kimber S. Dawn wrote a captivating book which is on my top 5 favorites.


I give Kimber S. Dawn
*****5*****
FUCKIN GOLDEN PENS
















No comments:

Post a Comment